We are living in a renaissance of networking research and experimentation. An increasing number of tools and platforms is currently available to ‘hack’ the network allowing us to experiment with new control and management paradigms, new protocols, and new designs for the Next Generation Internet Architecture.
Our research focus is mainly driven by the need to meet the networked systems challenges raised by the proliferation of broadband & mobile network applications, by the widespread deployment of machine-type-communications systems, and by the increasing demand for reliable wireless access for time-sensitive services.
In this view, the recent focus of the unit is on the design, analysis, and development of smart and robust software-centric and programmable network solutions with a clear emphasis on 5G and beyond network design requirements.
- Observable artificial intelligence for network management
- Solid expertise on optimization and linear programming
- Strong expertise on experimentally driven research
- We target high-impact, business relevant use cases and verticals
- End-to-end, from the radio access to the mobile core
- Proof-of-concept as a way to validate research results
- Control, coordination, and slicing of heterogeneous RANs
- Distributed, decentralized, and lightweight service orchestration