Open Job - Edge/Fog computing for IndustrialIoT
The Open Platforms and Enabling Technologies for the Internet of Things (OpenIoT) Research Unit is seeking a Researcher to be included in the team to strengthen the scientific research activities in Edge/Fog computing for Industrial IoT.
The successful candidate will be part of a growing team with extensive experience in the research on Internet of Things domain, involved and leading many relevant international and EU research projects (see more here: https://create-net.fbk.eu/openiot/projects). As a Researcher, the successful candidate will join a team of highly skilled researchers and research engineers, with the objective to contribute on the scientific side to the delivery of breakthrough IoT solutions following an Industry 4.0 paradigm and addressing IoT-related industrial requirements (such as, e.g. condition monitoring and predictive maintenance capabilities), by leveraging on its unique research expertise in Internet, fog & edge computing, Internet of Things platforms and embedded solutions, and communication technologies.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or equivalent;
- Scientific background in at least one of the following topics:IoT systems and architectures, including Edge/Fog computing paradigms;
- Embedded systems for IoT smart devices;
- Proven Experience in writing scientific publications accepted in well reputed international journals in the above mentioned topics;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Good communication and relational skills.
- PhD in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
Type of contract: fixed term contract
Working hours: Full time
Duration: 2 years.
Gross salary: between 34.350 and 39.300 Euro per year (based on the candidate’s profile)
Start date:May 2019
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., free training courses, reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form at https://jobs.fbk.eu/. Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (pdf format):
- detailed CV (including the name of two referees);
- letter of motivation.
Application deadline: 23rd of May, 2019
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at [email protected].